Lately, I have been using lentils as replacements for flour in some of our favorite recipes… like brownies!!
Lentils are an amazing source of protein and fiber without being high in calories. They are also a great source of micronutrients.
Here are some other health benefits for you:
Now, my family can only eat so much ham and lentil soup, but brownies? We can eat them daily. And these are nutritious enough for the kiddos to have as after school snacks.
Flourless Chocolate Lentil Protein Muffins
- 1 can lentils, rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large over-ripe banana (or two small)
- 1⁄4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers
- Place banana(s), lentils, eggs, honey, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and vanilla extract into blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Add the chocolate chips (or just add them on top) and stir gently using a wooden spoon.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and enjoy!